Friday, June 19, 2015

Entry #6- Children in Hot Cars

I just witnessed a 1 year old baby left in the backseat of a hot car while it is 113 degrees outside. I truly do not understand how a person can forget their own child in a car, or to even consider to leave them in a hot car while the parent stops and buys groceries. Every year there are reported cases of 40 deaths of children who are left in hot vehicles and quickly die to a heatstroke. These are tragedies that can easily be prevented if a parent pays a closer attention. I have recently read an article about a new upcoming device that aims to alert a parent that their child is still in the vehicle, (http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2014/07/02/valley-inventor-child-car-deaths-abrk/11939743/). The device that Scott Mcdonald created is called Aviso Child-in-Car alert that senses when a child is left in a car. Although, I am very much against the thought of a parent forgetting or deciding to leave there child in a car. I hope and I pray that this new device motivates parents to make a smart decision when deciding to leave their child in a hot car.  40 children a year die in a hot vehicle due to a very irresponsible and careless parent. These situations really upset me. You sit in a 120 degree car and tell me how you feel. Please if you see a child in a hot car alert someone or if it gets any worse do whatever is possible to save the child. OR if you are one to forget or decide to leave your child in your car please purchases the Aviso Child-in-Car Alert device or your child will be one of the 40. Please do not allow it. The picture below is one of many tragedies of a baby being left in car who was thankfully rescued.

Extremely aggravated human,

Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Melissa--Good new entries. Interesting and insightful. Good. Did you take the above pic? Heartbreaking image.

    ReplyDelete